Aim of the Cource
The aim of the Commercial Pilots License Course conducted by the AAC Flight Academy is to provide candidates seeking their Commercial Pilots Incense sound theoretical knowledge of A/C Operation, equip them with skills necessary for the safe and competentoperation of A/C under Visual Flight Rules and to train them to thelevel of proficiency necessary for the issue of Commercial Pilots License
Ground Training Curricula of Commercial Pilots License Course
- The Ground Training for the Commercial Pilots License Courseincludes a minimum total of 360 hours comprising of TheoryInstructions, Progress Tests and Discussions. It includes elementswhich are related to the type of NC to be used on the course.
- Thetraining should be integrated with the flight training so that themaximum benefit is gained from time spent in the air.
- The outline Ground Training Curricula is as follows:
Ground Training Modules and Minimum Duration
- Air Law ATC Procedures
- VC General Knowledge
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Operational Procedures
- Principles of Flight
Minimum Age Requirement
- A Candidate registering for the Commercial Pilots License Course shall be at least 17 years of age (An applicant for a CPLshall be at least 18 years of age).
Minimum Educational Requirements
- A Candidate registering for the Commercial Pilots License Course shall have obtained minimum of six passes includingEnglish, Mathematics and Science at the GCE Ordinary LevelExamination, with a Credit Pass for English and a Credit Passfor either Mathematics or Science, or an equivalentqualification.
- A Candidate registering for the Commercial Pilots License Course shall obtain and hold a valid Class I MedicalAssessment.
- A Candidate registering for the Commercial Pilots License Course shall be able to demonstrate a good knowledge ofwritten and spoken English Language.
Commercial Pilots License Course comprises of 150 hours (minimum)of Ground Training comprising of Theory Instructions, Progress Testsand Discussions and minimum of 150 hrs. (Including Night FlyingTraining) of Flight Training. The course will be delivered within aperiod of 10 – 12 months